Windybrow Theatre is hosting a Human Rights Festival from the 21st to the 24th of March 2013.
The festival comprises of the following events;-
- Artists Gathering on the 21st of March 2013 @ 14h00 – 16h00
- Spoken Word Performance: Napo Masheane and the Fat Black Women Sing on the 21st of March 2013 @ 20h00
- Comedy Night: Comedy Night with Siyabonga Radebe and Skhumbuzo Hlophe Date: 22 March 2013 @ 20h00
- Music Concert: CamaGwini and N’Zania Date: 23 March 2013 @ 20h00
- Dance Performance in collaboration with Moving Into Dance Mophatong The Triumph Date: 24 March 2013 @ 15h00
Windybrow was built by one of the early South African mining engineers, Theodore Reunert in 1896 as a family home. It has since served many purposes including being a nurses home.
A key feature of our strategy and brand is that we recognise the huge artistic value of exchange between African performing artists and institutions. We believe that the Windybrow is ideally located physically and historically to facilitate such a process on a sustainable basis.